2019 Destination Lowell
The 2019 Lowell Folk Festival is fast approaching! Help us showcase all that Lowell and you have to offer by signing up for Destination Lowell along Merrimack Street on Saturday, July 27 & Sunday, July 28. This year we want visitors to experience a more engaging, interactive place—a place to sit, a place to play, music to hear, culture to experience, and people to meet. We hope that festival visitors will soon discover why There's a Lot to Like about Lowell!
This year in the spirit of inclusivity we are looking to showcase organizations with themes that give a real representation of what Lowell has to offer! Those themes are:
Events & Happenings
Outdoor Fun & Sports
If you are interested in participating, we are offering a space downtown and a tent.
Please keep in mind that each organization is responsible for providing their own informational displays and materials. We encourage you to be as creative as possible and make the tent look festive and inviting with brightly colored displays — have fun!
Price per Organization
$100 ($50 with discount*)
$50 ($25 with discount*)
20 x 10 Marquee Tent (chairs and 2 tables included)
10 x 10 Marquee Tent (chairs and table included)
Two 6 x 10 spots w/Pop up Tent (chairs included)
Single 6 x 10 spot w/Pop up Tent (chairs included)
*For the 6 x 10 options, we are encouraging you to increase your visibility through interactive activities like demonstrations, games, art, crafts, etc. To incentivize this, any organization doing an interactive activity in a 6 x 10 spot will be given a 50% discount on the price of the spot!
Qualifying activities should be fun and interactive that involve art, games, sports and fitness.
Here are Some Ground Rules for Participants:
• The hours of operation are from 12-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
• All materials must be removed by 5:30 p.m. each evening.
• Please be aware that road closures will begin on Friday, July 26th at 3:00 pm as preparations begin for Folk Fest.
• Unamplified music can be played in outlined area during festival hours as long as it does not interfere with any stage performances. For more information please email.
• You may promote, sell subscriptions and memberships, expand your mailing list and increase your visibility through interactive activities and demonstrations.