2018 Destination Lowell
The 2018 Lowell Folk Festival is fast approaching! Help us showcase all that Lowell has to offer by signing up for Destination Lowell along Merrimack Street on Saturday, July 27 & Sunday, July 29. This year we want visitors to experience a more engaging, interactive place—a place to sit, a place to play, music to hear, culture to experience, and people to meet. We hope that festival visitors will soon discover why There's a Lot to Like about Lowell!
Arts, Culture & Heritage
If you are an Arts, Culture & Heritage Organization this area is perfect for you! We will provide a 10 x 10ft tent (larger space available), 1 table and 2 chairs. Each organization is responsible for providing their own informational displays and materials. We encourage you to be creative and make the tent look festive and inviting with brightly colored displays — have fun!
Price per Organization
10 x 10 (chairs and table included)
20 x 10 (chairs and 2 tables included)
Destination Lowell will expand its offerings this year to include three creative placemaking areas which will transform separate sections of Merrimack Street into hubs of activity. These areas will focus on Events & Happenings, Outdoor Fun & Sports and Lifestyle. If your organization or business meets these three criteria, we would love to have you! We will provide a 6 x 10 ft area that's outfitted with a variety seating options. We encourage you to increase your visibility through interactive activities like demonstrations, games, art, crafts, etc — be creative!
Price per Organization
6 x 10
Two 6 x 10
6 x 10 with programed activity*
Two 6 x 10 with programed activity*
*Fun, interactive activities that involve art, games, sports and fitness.
Here are Some Ground Rules for Participants:
• The hours of operation are from 12-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
• All materials must be removed by 5:30 p.m. each evening.
• Please be aware that road closures will begin on Friday, July 27 at 3:00 pm as preparations begin for Folk Fest.
• Unamplified music can be played in the Events & Happenings area during festival hours as long as it does not interfere with any stage performances.
• You may promote, sell subscriptions and memberships, expand your mailing list and increase your visibility through interactive activities and demonstrations.