2018 Destination Lowell
Retail Business Registration
The 2017 Lowell Folk Festival is fast approaching! This is always a busy and exciting time for downtown Lowell, one that creates opportunities for downtown businesses. Over the past few years the Office of Cultural Affairs and Special Events has partnered with the Lowell Festival Foundation to create Destination Lowell on Merrimack Street to showcase all that Lowell has to offer.
This year Destination Lowell will expand its offerings to include local retail businesses or restaurants located on Merrimack Street. This is a great opportunity for you to connect with thousands of visitors!
There is a $50 vendor fee to participate and expand onto the street. This would be is in addition to your Sidewalk Stand or Seating permit - and ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE SET UP ON THE STREET (no tent included).
After you register, the Office of Cultural Affairs and Special Events will assign an area for you in front of your location.
Your set up cannot expand beyond the assigned area.
Here are Some Ground Rules for Participating Businesses:
• The hours of operation are from 12-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
• All materials must be removed by 5:30 p.m. each evening.
• After you register the Office of Cultural Affairs and Special Events will assign an area for you in front of your location.
• You will have to apply for a One Day Special License to sell alcohol.
• If you are a restaurant, you are welcome to expand a food service area within the footprint of your storefront. Additional permits might be required.You may only sell items that you normally sell in your business.
• You are responsible for daily trash removal.